Module 2: Healthcare Management - Leadership
Length of Study: 75 Minutes
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
1:00 p.m. CST (75 minutes including Q&A)
$140 - Member Rate
$240 - Nonmember Rate
Register online now (VISA, MasterCard and American Express Accepted)
To register for this module with a check payment, please download and complete this order form and email or fax it in to SHCA at (312) 278-0881 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call (312) 422-3700 to confirm receipt.
The viability of the Patient Advocate role is contingent upon the ability to pro-actively anticipate change and be involved in management and quality improvement efforts, bringing into focus the patient at all times.
Join SHCA's faculty, Lisa Reynolds as she provides practical tips and takeaways and walk you through a guided review of:
- Organizational Structures and Communication
- Management and Leadership Theories
- Managerial Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes
- Relationship Management and Team Building Strategies
A live question and answer segment facilitated by the faculty will be conducted at the end of the module. Participants will receive access to tools and resources that can be used to build your professional library.
By the end of this unit of study learners should be able to:
- Define an organizational design structure within different healthcare organizations
- Define organizational communication types of organizational communication flows
- Describe the key principles of contemporary management and leadership theories
- Apply best practices in teambuilding strategies
- Define desired behaviors for effective managers that are a “best fit” between managerial style, organizational structure and healthcare the patient advocate’s business goals
Continuing Education Contact Hours
- This activity (both live and archived) has been recognized by the Illinois Nurses Association for 1.5 contact hours. Expiration date of this archived module is February 16, 2013.
- Illinois Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
*The Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy has not solicited cash and in-kind contributions from individuals and organizations for this educational program.
*As required by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Accreditation Program, we would like to make you aware of all potential conflicts of interest(s). This educational activity’s planners and the presenter(s) have indicated they have no bias or conflict of interest.
Interested in purchasing the archived package of this module?
The audio CD/materials will be available to ship 30 days after the live event.
Included Resources of the Archived Package (CD-ROM):
- Recording of live event (presented in February 2012)
- Certificate of completion for the Module: Healthcare Management - Leadership
- Nursing contact hours certificate(s) (if applicable)
- Module PowerPoint handouts
- Relevant links, professional references and templates pertaining to the module
- $25 off In the Name of the Patient coupon
Questions? Contact SHCA at email@example.com.