Module 3: Healthcare Management - Administration
Length of Study: 75 Minutes
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
1:00 p.m. CST (75 minutes including Q&A)
$140 - Member Rate
$240 - Nonmember Rate
Register online now (VISA, MasterCard and American Express Accepted)
To register for this module with a check payment, please download and complete this order form and email or fax it in to SHCA at (312) 278-0881 or email@example.com. Please call (312) 422-3700 to confirm receipt.
Brenda Radford, Director of Guest Services, Duke University Hospital
Mindy Raymond, Vice President of Human Resources, Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Join SHCA's faculty as they provide practical tips and takeaways and walk you through a guided review of:
- Strategic Planning
- Finance and Budgeting
- Quality Improvement and Accreditation
By the end of this unit of study learners should be able to:
- Define the elements of the strategic planning process.
- Articulate the fiscal responsibilities of a healthcare patient advocate.
- Define the steps of an effective budgeting process.
- Analyze the financial status of a department or strategic business unit based on its budgetary projections and actual performance.
- Define the advocate’s role and responsibilities as it relates to quality improvement and institutional accreditation.
A live question and answer segment facilitated by the faculty will be conducted at the end of the module. Participants will receive access to tools and resources that can be used to build your professional library.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
- This activity (both live and archived) has been recognized by the Illinois Nurses Association for 1.5 contact hours. Expiration date of this archived module is March 23, 2013.
- Illinois Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
*The Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy has not solicited cash and in-kind contributions from individuals and organizations for this educational program.
*As required by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Accreditation Program, we would like to make you aware of all potential conflicts of interest(s). This educational activity’s planners and the presenter(s) have indicated they have no bias or conflict of interest.
Interested in purchasing the archived package of this module?
The audio CD/materials will be available to ship 30 days after the live event.
Included Resources of the Archived Package (CD-ROM):
- Recording of live event (presented in March 2012)
- Certificate of completion for the Module: Healthcare Management - Administration
- Nursing contact hours certificate(s)
- Module PowerPoint handouts
- Relevant links, professional references and templates pertaining to the module
- $25 off In the Name of the Patient coupon
Q uestions? Contact SHCA at firstname.lastname@example.org