SHCA New Member Quick Start
Welcome to the Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy, a dynamic and growing organization focused on patient's rights, ethics, patient satisfaction/measurement, and service excellence in today’s healthcare facilities and hospitals. We are the heart of the hospitals, advocating in the name of the patient.
Step One: If you haven't already done so, Register with SHCA Online
The first step to taking advantage of the many benefits of membership is registering for a members-only website account. Click here to register if you have not done so already. Note: If you joined SHCA online, you automatically registered when you joined.
Once registered and logged in to the SHCA website, use your email address and the password you received or created when you registered) you will be able to access all of SHCA’s resources, sign up for the SHCA listserv, register for educational events and access the SHCA only bookstore at the member discounted rate.
When you register, you'll gain access to the members-only areas of both SHCA and the American Hospital Association websites. Once you have registered, you will need to enter your user name and password to view members-only material each time you visit so be sure to keep a written copy in your files.
Why is it Important to Register Right Away?
If you have not created or maintained your member account, you could be missing out on valuable member benefits. Most member benefits are communicated on the SHCA website or in e-mails; both of which you need a registered profile to fully access. This is why it's so important to keep a record of your user name, password, and membership number somewhere in your files for easy reference.
When you log in to the SHCA website, you enjoy seamless access to member’s only materials on both the SHCA and American Hospital Association websites. You can also view and change your profile, renew your membership and make an online purchase.
For more information on managing your SHCA online account, visit the FAQ page.
Step Two: Begin Using SHCA Resources
SHCA is committed to providing resources to empower our members to do their jobs better. As a new patient advocate or new to SHCA, we encourage you to take full advantage of the resources and educational programs and invest in your future today.
- The SHCA Listserv: the online community to share best practices and ask questions to patient advocates across the nation
- Greatly discounted professional development opportunities, including hot topic webinar archives, the SHCA Domains of Practice Certificate Program, Annual Conference and Pre-Conference Workshop
- Timely communications including SHCA News, the Society’s quarterly newsletter, and updates from the healthcare industry and AHA leadership
- Publications developed by patient advocate for patient advocates to keep you on the cutting edge of the profession
- Affiliated local networking through our chapters
- Subscribe to AHA News Now, electronic daily digest
- Subscribe to AHA Publications
- Use AHA Resources
- Visit the AHA Online Store
Step Three: Register for the SHCA Domains of Practice educational offerings
If you have questions or would like more information on how to make the most of your membership, please feel free to contact SHCA at (312) 422-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining SHCA. We value your membership and are proud to be your professional organization of choice! The SHCA Board of Directors and Staff are here to serve you.