SHCA Society Bylaws
The mission of the Society of Healthcare Consumer Advocacy is to lead the advancement of healthcare consumer advocacy by supporting the role of professionals who represent and advocate for consumers across the healthcare continuum.
We advocate for healthcare consumers in order to improve the healthcare experience of those we serve: patients, families, and other individuals.
For these individuals, we believe:
- in respect for their right to control their healthcare decisions
- that their dignity shall never be compromised
- that caring and compassion are as important as technology
- that education and information are vital to informed healthcare
As members of the Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy, we believe:
- that values and ethics are the foundation of our professional practice
- in the value of collaboration with other healthcare professionals
- that taking action to create change in the healthcare system is our responsibility
- that education and information are critical to our professional development